Tuesday 13 January 2009

 

What will 2009 bring?

by Eric Witham

In the latest edition of Design Week it made interesting reading as journalists predict how our industry will fair in this recession. Plenty of advice but there was an article that caught me eye which was a ‘Vox – pop’ of opinion from our industry leaders. The question was ‘What do you hope 2009 will bring?’ I am inspired by the following responses.

“There is a great line by Woody Allen that goes ‘I’ve got my principles and if you don’t like them there are plenty more where they came from’ This coming year will need self belief and an absolute focus on which opportunities are the right ones, belief in what we do best, why we are doing it and who we should do it for”

My favourite was from one of my ex bosses – “2009 is going to be extremely tough, but I hope it will bring braver designers and even braver clients”

We hope 2009 will be a profitable and focused year. We will continue to deliver strategic quality brand marketing, good strong clean creative solutions for our clients to help them compete their way through the recession.

Labels: , ,






Home